Thursday, August 23, 2007

Superbad: 1 1/2 out of 4 Stars


A movie review written by:



Andrew Vigeant


Superbad!! Hilarious? Best movie of the summer? SUPERGREAT??? Ummm.....no?.....how about...oh I dunno....super bad?!?! YES!! That fits this movie perfectly!! The irony right?? Oh god the plot...I mean....oh god..the fucked up plot! Seth(Jonah Hill) and Evan(Michael Cera) are going to different colleges, but before they do they are planning to get laid. They finally get invited to a party, and all they have to bring is some alcohol. With their friend Fogell(Christopher Mintz-Plasse) they plan on making a fake I.D., getting to the party with the booze, and finally getting laid....

Jonah Hill(Seth), Michael Cera(Evan), Christopher Mintz-Plasse(Fogell) all worked together really well in this film. I was surprised because when I seen this trio on screen I though OH GOD..OH GOD NO...but as I said I was surprised and I'm glad. What I'm not happy about isn't their performance which they did the best they could do with the script, but in fact their lines. They were some of the worst lines I've ever heard coming out of actors/actresses mouths. No teenager I've ever come across talks like that, enough said. Fucking ridiculous. Martha MacIssac(Becca), Emma Stone(Jules), Aviva(Nicola) were the three girls the above three guys wanted to get laid by. They all did pretty good jobs, I guess, but the good thing about them was at least they acted like typical girls these days somewhat. They fail here though as well because they still miss the mark of a teenage girl here somewhere....Bill Hader(Officer Slater) and Seth Rogen(Officer Michaels) were the best. So hilarious whenever they were on screen especially the scene at the bar when they were with Fogell, and before near the end when they burn the police squad car.

Their isn't really much for me to say about this movie other than don't spend your money on it...oh wait their was a lot of funny scenes, but you seem to forget those because of all the vulgar and ridiculous lines they were made to say. The writers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg aren't good script writers. They arent average script writers either. They shouldn't even be allowed to be called script writers. Seth Rogen can act and should stick to that.

If you do decide to watch this film, I don't know why you would though, their are a few scenes that I think you may particularly enjoy. *Spoilers* The whole Mclovin scene when Fogell gets his fake I.D. is really hilarious. Even the name Mclovin itself is. The scene at the party when the girl ahs her period on Seth will also leave you with quite a lot of erupting chuckles. Every scene with the cops is very enjoyable, and you should actually have someone wake you up whenever htey are on screen. *End of spoilers* Overall I can't recommend this film because..well...it sucks. Seriously just don't watch it. Not even illegally online. Watch Scrubs instead. It's mucho good.

1 comment:

Stefan Vlahov said...

I know the film is ridiculous. At times even cringe-worthy. But I think that it doe3s have its heart in the right place. And sometimes that's just good enough for me... And I thought i was tough on comedies and movies in general. You are tougher.